7-Year-old boy leaps into burning home through a window to save his baby sister

A brave young boy in Tennessee jumps back into his burning home to save his baby sister.
This New Tazewell family is safe in one piece after a fire completely burned down their home. At first, the parents of the Davidson family could not save their 22-month-year-old daughter from inside the building. Their 7-year-old son, Eli Davidson was able to jump into his sister’s bedroom window and return her to safety.

Early morning on December 9th, Nicole Davidson woke up to the smell of smoke, which quickly then spread through their house lighting everything up into flames.
7-Year-old boy leaps into burning home through a window to save his baby sister

Chris and Nicole Davidson are both former firefighters.
At first, they got their two sons Eli, and two-year-old Elijah since their room was the closest to the fire. The parents then found themselves unable to get their 22-month daughter as the flames in the living room prevented them from getting in.

They were able to get the boys and themselves safely outside.

When recalling the experience, Nicole Davidson said to WVLT,

“The scariest moment of my life was when I thought we couldn’t get her”

They thought they might never get their daughter out alive.
After getting outside, Chris couldn’t reach up to the window. He then made a quick decision and was able to give Eli a boost into his sister’s bedroom window.

Eli stepped in and saved the day by grabbing her out of her crib and handing her out the window to safety.

Eli channeled his inner-hero and faced his fears to save his little sister’s life.
When recounting the experience to WVLT, he said,

“I got her dad”. And when we went down there I said, “I was scared, but I didn’t want my sister to die.”

Not just anybody would go into a burning building so willingly, and he did it just in time. These parents couldn’t be more proud of their son.

By the time 20 firefighters arrived on scene, the house was already engulfed in flames.
Although nobody was hurt in the fire, their family home was completely burnt down. Their entire lives were completely wiped away. Even their three cars were damaged in the fire. They are now left to rebuild their home completely from scratch.

Currently, officials could not confirm the cause of the fire but suspect it’s electrical.

Seeing this tragedy, Rebecca Wood set up a fundraiser on their behalf. She wrote on the GoFundMe,

Nicole Davison Tri State Health & Rehabilitation A/P & Payroll Coordinator lost her home to a fire early Wednesday morning December 9th 2020. Thankfully, everyone inside the home made it out safely in time. The fire escalated quickly and the house was a total loss. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for them.
Any help or support we can provide would be greatly appreciated.

It’s received over 7k donors and raised over $660,000.
A true testament to the kindness we could show another. If you’d like to donate, you can find the link here.

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.